Category AM

You could be training on this moped at Sharper Rider Training from 16 years old.


From the age of 16 you can ride a moped on the public highway. New riders need to take CBT and then have 2 years to pass the theory and practical tests or the CBT will have to be re-taken.

If you passed your car driving test before 1st February 2001 you can ride a moped without completing CBT.

If you passed your car test on or after 1st Feb 2001 you must complete a CBT course to confirm your full moped licence. This means you wont have to take CBT every 2 years to continue riding a moped.

If you already have a CBT certificate then pass your car test ,you can ride a moped without L plates without taking the practical moped tests. In this case the CBT certificate for riding mopeds will last as long as your licence.

Mopeds have a maximum engine size of 50cc and a maximum speed of approximately 31mph.

At Sharper Rider Training the maximum ratio is 2 trainees to 1 instructor to ensure that all trainees get equal training and attention.

Category AM training is £90 per 3 hour lesson. This includes bike hire,3rd party insurance, and the use of helmet and gloves if required.

Aprilia RS50
Peugot 50cc Automatic
Yamaha DT 50
Honda 50 cc Automatic
Original style moped with pedals for cycling/starting.

Latest comments

29.10 | 15:29

Hi.I had my mod 1 and mod 2 done first time pass.Gordon is teaching you how to ride a bike no to pass a test .Very highly recommended. Thanks Krzysztof

20.04 | 00:26

Great trainer that teaches you everything you would need to know about keeping safe on the road. 10/10 training and a great guy too.

18.09 | 15:53

Passed my mod1 and 2 today Gordan is a great teacher and really know what he is doing definitely recommend him and can’t thank him anymore

23.05 | 11:07

Highly recommended instructor. Easy going, no nonsense, great instruction.